Sunday, January 23, 2011

Classic Roleplaying in the DFW Area?

So far, the people that I know have just given me blank stares when I bring up the idea of starting an AD&D-type campaign.  Many aren't even sure what it is and have little interest, but some who do just give me look of pity, like I was some sort of simpleton.  I figure that if I'm going do some Classic Roleplaying in the next year, I had better start beating the bushes now.

I have heard that there will be a "old-school" D&D Con in my neck of the woods in June (NTRPGCON,) so there must be interest.  I'm going to start digging through my usual sources (Pen and Paper Games and . . . um, okay, not sources - source,) but I figured that I might as well ask here as well. 

So does anyone in the DFW area play Classic D&D, OSR, or one of the clones, etc, etc?  Or if you don't, are you interested?  Or know of anyone else who does or have links or resources?  Anything?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Oh, and if you don't know what DFW means, then, well, yeah.  Hmm.  Dallas-Ft. Worth. Yeah.  You probably live too far away. :)

Thanks kindly for any help!

- Ark

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for clicking the follow button on my blog. That's a heck of a coincidence, because last night I was here laughing at the picture of your cat in the light box. One of my keetoms does the same thing and I can;t get him out.

    Regarding old school D&D in DFW, I fly into DFW three times a year. Too bad it's never long enough to hang out and rock the dice. To look for others in your area, I wonder if MeetUp, rpg.net or ENWorld might work. I've had luck in the past with those.

    I'm going to switch computers now so that I can add your blog to my roll. For some reason, my aged Mac is choking when I press "Follow."

    Game on,
    Christian

    ReplyDelete
  2. @christian - What is up with these cats? I have hair all over my clean, white surfaces now!

    Thanks for the pointers!

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good blog but sorry no where near DFW (not even the same continent), cat hair is a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lurker - Thanks. Oh well. And yes, cat hair sucks!

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ark, since you mention NTRPGCON, have you ever stopped by the acaeum.com forums? Might want to ask there, since several members run and/or organize that particular event.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @TopKat - Thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into it.

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete