Friday, March 18, 2011


Some of my earliest memories involve sitting on my mother's bedroom floor with my little sister and tracing the Peanut's characters from comic strips and redrawing them into new scenes.  I've always loved comics - and web comics makes the addiction so much easier - so much more focused into the odd niches that interest me.

Below is a list of comics that I've read religiously for a good long time - comics that have not failed to make me smile.  I know that I am probably missing some very important rpg related comics that I just never have gotten around to.

So, in the interest of sucking more morning work time away from my boss - please send me more.  I showed you mine - now you show me yours.  :)

Scott Kurtz' Player vs. Player -

Obsidian's Commissioned -

Jeph Jacques' Questionable Content -

Randall Munroe's XKCD -

Tycho and Gabe's Penny Arcade -

Phil Foglio's Girl Genius -

Zach Weiner's Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal -

Ashby, Jones, and Weiner's Snowflakes -

- Ark


  1. I think these are required reading too - not RPG entirely but since you have SMBC listed these would follow:

    Rusty and Co. -
    Oglaf (NSFW) -
    Wondermark -
    Basic Instructions -
    AXE COP! -

  2. Oh dear god Todd - I have a new favorite comic - AXE COP. I'm so ashamed. Damn you! I'll never have time to get that new cover sheet prepared for the TPS report now!

    - Ark

  3. Definitely check out

    Atland -

    Now at 301 full colour strips by Nate Piekos of fame. :)

  4. I couldn't help myself:

  5. SnarfQuest was restarted a little while ago:

  6. Axe Cop is great. My personal favorites are Bad Machinery, Hark! A Vagrant, and Dr. McNinja. (too lazy for links, but you got google...)

  7. @Stuart - Ooh yeah, that looks interesting. Dang - my list is getting longer.

    @Timeshadows - That is a completely awesome mash-up. And so quick! You must have way more energy than me. :)


    - Ark

  8. Arkhein: Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

  9. @Roger - Thanks for the links. Bad Machinery - wow - I used to read his other stuff a decade ago. Wow.

    @Timeshadows - No problem. I eagerly await more of your mash-up projects. :)

    - Ark

  10. May I recommend:

    Evil Incorporated:

    Schlock Mercenary:

    ALSO - Many thanks for the sibebar link! I have added you to mine at Giant Battling Robots :-)