Saturday, March 5, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

The boy, two friends, and I played the first session of our Labyrinth Lord campaign.  It was quite awesome.  It felt really good to be playing again where I had the freedom to . . . be a frikkin DM again.  Honestly, 4e sucked out my soul without me even noticing.  Okay, 4e is just a different style of playing - okay for those who like it - blah blah blah.  But this is MY GAME.  It's good to be back. 

I'll be posting a session report, but for now, here is a rumor table for the players:

Audrain Keep Rumors Table
d20
Rumor and General Gossip
1
A bandit dressed in red has been robbing landowners nearby.
2
A huge bird has been seen flying over the treetops in the evening.
3
A merchant was kidnapped on the road from Audrain Keep to Barton Hill.
4
A powerful witch has been charming innocent young men and luring them to her lair.
5
A vile one armed man stalks the plains to the east, back stabbing the unaware.
6
All merchants from Fultum smell like fish.
7
An invisible mountain lays half a day's ride to the northeast.
8
Dangerous monsters roam the countryside to the west.
9
Drinking from the Pool of Death will allow evil spirits to take control of you.
10
Elves have been seen out in the woods practicing strange magical rights.
11
Gobelyntur and the Razing Zone lie several days to the north.
12
Several fortified villages have mysteriously burning down to the north.
13
Some have seen a man with glowing red eyes in the keep at night.
14
Some say an ancient temple lies at the top of a hill to the south.
15
The Castellan of Audrain Keep slew a huge ogre in his youth.
16
The stables of Aloftgres breed the finest horses around.
17
There is a dwarf out there in the wilderness who throws axes at people.
18
There is an ongoing feud between the Castellan of Audrain Keep and his brother.
19
Three parties of adventurers have disappeared in as many months.
20
Women have been disappearing from the village of Dwergen Doun.

- Ark

8 comments:

  1. The Fishy Merchants of Fultum, a children's rhyme, as overheard on the way from Barton Hill:

    As they monger their conger, hake and perch

    Check your pockets and lockets, do give them a search

    For the Fishy Merchants of Fultum will rob you blind, and leave you in the lurch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. I'm a big fan of random rumors tables!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice table! I'm only disappointed that it isn't a d30 table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, biopunk, I am going to have to use that in the game. Big time.

    Thanks Akrasia. Reading though B2 reminded me of how fun they were.

    Okay David, you need to explain to me - what is up with all this d30 stuff floating around the bloggosphere? I've never had a d30. Am I missing something?

    Clovis - What C'nor said!

    C'nor - Er, well, the one's *I* choose. :) There is a possibility that the players may run into this page - so I'll try to keep some semblance of a surprise going.

    - ARk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Order of the d30
    http://www.rpgblog2.com/2008/11/order-of-d30.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. @David - Ahhhh. Now I get it. I think. :)

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete