Friday, March 4, 2011

Leading the Faithful Into Battle

You-sa Clicken To-sa Embiggen, Okie-Day?
This image has been years in the making.  Procrastination, really, but it sounds awesome, doesn't it?  We've got some Reaper Pirates and some Flintloque Ferach Elf Line Infantry & Irregulars going at it.  All of the background stuff, except the ship, is handcrafted by me.  Yes, I actually took sheets of veneer, sliced it into 'planks,' and assembled crates out of it (not that you can tell.)  And my buddy, FSM, was sculpted out of FIMO and painted with some nice acrylics. This is my first staging - but I'd like to get soemthing better done by the time that International Talk Like A Pirate Day rolls around. :)

- Ark

6 comments:

  1. Wow, the Flying Spaghetti Monster! Whose side is it on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, this is good. Love this. Does your son like to do this stuff as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the FSM. I've always wanted to see someone make an action figure of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zanazaz - The Flying Spaghetti Monster is always on the side of the pirates. Always. :)

    Yes Whisk, he does, and has some of his work over on his site.

    Thanks, sirlarkins. May his noodly appendage bless you.

    Alien, Oh man, an action figure would be cool - with individually articulatable noodles. I'd run around the house with him and make 'pew' noises all day.

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic. That is all.

    ReplyDelete