Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Google Plus

Well . . . I took the plunge.  Dunno if I'm going to like it or not.  I was no fan of Facebook, but this has some features that I like more - such as the Edie Brickell style friend circles.  What interests me most is the potential for gaming.  No, not Farmville!  Sit down roll dice games.  I attack my enemy with a herring and the DM has to figure out how to calculate that type of games.

The big problem is that even if some of you are on Google Plus, I have NO idea who the heck you are, since most people seem to be using their real names.  ACK.  I'm still Studio Arkhein on Plus and intend to stay that way until they pry the moniker from my cold, dead hands.  Facebook never understood that I really had no desire for my real name to be floating out in the aether and used their evil algorithm to prove to me that Studio Arkhein was not a real name and I should be ashamed for trying to create an account with it.

Anyway, fellow gamers and othersuch people, feel free to search for Studio Arkhein on Plus and friend, um, add me to a circle thingy.  :)

- Ark

10 comments:

  1. I'm just not ready for more Google. I never got into Twitter or Facebook either. Blogger is enough for now but that said, I wish you much fun and games with the new thing.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Whisk - That's probably a good idea. It's not as annoying as Facebook - but I'm sure, with a little hard work, it will get there. :)

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  3. encircle? is that an appropriate verb here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rag - Um . . how bout circlificate?

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am on google+ as well but there is not a whole lot to do. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe down the line I'll look at it. Tim's on it, but right now ... eh ... I dunno. But yeah, I hear it's not as annoying as Facebook, which I appreciate.

    Have fun you Google Plus Gang!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any blog post that has a picture of the first Edie album can't be anything but awesome! Now I will have Little Miss S in my head all day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Zombie - It's probably a good thing. If there was something to do there - I'd never get off the computer. :)

    @Whisk - Thanks!

    @Wymarc - I'm not sure is awesomeness can be transmitted through osmosis, but thanks. :) Yeah, I had to drag out the CD and play it yesterday. For a 23 year old CD, it's playing just fine. :)

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ark, I searched for you but could not find you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Matt - hmm, I must be around here somewhere . . .

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete