Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dungeonspiration: Umm . . .


I detest Erin Palette. She got on this kick about My Frikkin Little Pony.  Over and over and over again.  This pony thing was the complete antithesis of cool when I was a teenager.  While I was trying to watch the Zentradi acquire PROTOCULTURE, my sister was fighting me for control of the remote to watch those ponies with combs.

So This Erin Palatte lady is writing and writing about these dog sized horses being perfect for an RPG and I'm ignoring her posts over and over and then she posts the last one - so I breath a sigh of relief and hope she goes back to talk about guns.  But I look at the pony pictures and think - hmm - those ponies don't look like the ponies of my youth.  Actually, I kind of like the art.  At least it doesn't make me vomit.  So . . . curiosity reared it's ugly head and I loaded up the first episode on YouTube.

Shit.  Shit shit shit.  I watched the next two.  Shit.  I'm not saying the episodes were shit.  I'm saying shit because I LIKED IT.  SHIT.

I am a god-damned BRONIE.

Crap.  It's a good show.  I like it.  I even like it when they sing.

I'm so embarrassed.  Somebody please kill me now.  DAMN YOU ERIN PALETTE!

Um, it's chock full of all kinds of cool ideas for a D&D game.  I won't get into it beacause I'm too embarrassed about the whole thing.  Don't let The Boy know, okay?  I'll loose any street-cred I ever had with him.  Not that I probably had any to begin with . . . but still.

Actually, Erin Palette is pretty cool.  But still . . . I feel dirty.  Ugh.

- Ark

10 comments:

  1. I dont usually admit this in public too but I am a Bronie too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a personal friend of Erin's I would like to say, on her behalf, Nnyah! (Sticks out tongue and wiggles hands with my thumbs in my ears).

    Ahem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I've never been detested before! This is SO COOL! :D

    But in all seriousness,you're not alone. Lots of adult males are into MLP and have gone through the same sort of cognitive dissonance as you. Coming out is always the hardest part, and you did it. Huzzah! Welcome to the herd. *brohoof*

    So.... which pony is your favorite? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, not all of my RPG stuff is about ponies. You should check out Pellatarrum sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just....don't know what to say. Wow, dude, wow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey mang, I'm totally with you on this MLP thing. I am a brony, and friendship is magic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, Erin Palette is pretty cool. But still . . . I feel dirty. Ugh.

    Don't worry, she has that effect on a lot of people. It should be a meme: "Only kitsch for Erin" or something. ;)

    I think this 'brony-ness(?)' is an American thing. We Brits are probably inoculated against it by early exposure to the mind-expanding substance that is The Clangers...

    *Stares in bemusement. Goes back to worshipping whistling space mice*

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Zombie - Another one?

    @Barking Alien - Um . . well then. I will do some obscure Japanese visual insult to you that you only see in manga. So there.

    @Erin Palette - My favorite is Twilight Sparkle. I like nerd girls. I mean, nerd ponies. Oh dear god. Throw me off a cliff or something. I can't belive I just said that.

    You know, the hits on this page are skyrocketing. This is going to be my 15 minutes of fame - AS A FRIKKIN BRONIE.



    I'll have to check out the Pellatarrum stuff.

    @ze bulette - Thank you! Yes, why yes I am.

    @matt jackson - Wow will work. ARRRGH will work better.

    @Orion - Um, yeah, it is. Just don't tell anyone though. They will all want friendship then - which will lead to chaos. :)

    @Chris - Uhhhhh - I just watched an episode of the Clangers. I think they are powerful enough to inoculate you against smallpox, gonorrhea, and syphilis as well.

    ;)

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well at least you don't have to worry about religious parents disowning you if they think you're gay.

    ReplyDelete