Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Freecity of Haldane

I just popped the copy of The Freecity of Haldane that Christian had send me into the mail, marked up with my red chicken scratching that I hope he can read.  Just some grammar-Nazi editing.  There are no problems that a real human would notice.  Just English teachers.

I am incredibly impressed with The Freecity of Haldane.  Christian has done a great job.  It's the portrait of a fantasy city - full of just the stuff you need and none of the stuff you don't.  In many ways, it's the perfect complement to Zak's Vornheim, covering little tidbits I frequently forget - like that members of the watch carry whistles, and a link-boy could be a very valuable friend to have at night.

I have scarfed copious ideas from it for my Vayniris campaign.

So get it.  I mean that.  Get it.

- Ark (Staggering off to go read the first Vayniris Anthology submission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment