Saturday, August 6, 2011

Horn Tooting

I was going to just sit back and smile to myself and bask in my own glow over here all alone, but after three days - I've decided to say 'screw that.'

My 'Old School Rocks' logo is at GenCon!  It's sitting right there, staring at people's knees!  WOOT!  I'm so proud of it.  When it was a baby, it spit up a lot and nobody thought it would amount to much of nothing - not even me.  But then it grew up, eloped with old Joe Browning, and went to GenCon without me to be a 'booth bunny' at the Old School Renaissance Group Booth.


What a heartless little punk-ass logo!  I haven't even been to GenCon yet - and I've been waiting 30 years!


And you can see here it is hanging out with all the cool people that I don't get to meet!  I bet they are going to go buy it beer and get it drunk tonight.  What an ungrateful little logo.

I refuse - simply refuse - to post it's bail money when it tears up Indianapolis after the bars close tonight.

I suppose it's just empty nest syndrome.  I wish it all the best - and thanks for big taking it places Joe.  I appreciate it. :)

- Ark

10 comments:

  1. That's a darn fine looking booth made all the better with your logo. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel too bad. I've never been to Gencon and I'm from Indiana.
    But one of these days...
    That is a cool logo, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be very proud, that logo is probably one of the best ideas in a long time. It fits perfectly and says a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great logo that deserves to be at Gen Con.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is an awesome logo and it has been an honor to hang out at GenCon with it ;).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your logo is one of my favorites. Enjoy your well-deserved horn-tooting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @all-a-yall

    Thank ya'll very much.

    Oh - and be sure to make a mimeograph of the logo and tape it to your Trapper Keepers when school starts back up in the fall! You know - right next to the Van Halen logo.

    :)

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet some folks over at ABC would consider it a "retro clone". This has a small audience, but the number of things being sold with essentially cribbed trademarks is high (look at any T-shirt site).

    ReplyDelete