Friday, September 16, 2011

Artistic Clarification

Clarence the Frog Goblin
There has been a continuing confusion about my artistic ability, though I have tried, in some posts, to clear it up.  The angry demon in the title banner and the sad succubus are NOT by me.  The angry demon is by Angel Urena.  The succubus is by Matthew Humphreys.  Both are absolutely wonderful artists who I commissioned with COLD, HARD CASH to draw these things.  Again, they are not by me.

I, on the other hand, draw like crap. Passable crap sometimes, but still - crap. Please take Clarence the Frog Goblin over there as an example.  If you want to commission me to do some art - sorry - I only do things for free.  But I'd be happy to draw Clarence for you.  In fact - take Clarence.  Use him.  Print him on cardstock and make an army of him to battle your players in a 4e game.  Go ahead.  Feel free.

So, sorry for any confusion.

- Ark

7 comments:

  1. A frog with an afro? Hrm.. you been watching Sgt. Frog lately? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joseph Browning: A frog with an afro?

    Dude, are you on glue?

    It is obvious to me that Clarence the Frog Goblin is looking up a tree at Ark the Artisté (likely trapped up a tree again...) and is sitting on what appears to me to be a mound of gold.
    (Or, perhaps Clarence is wetting himself at the thought of the opportunity of taking down the characters of some poor, unsuspecting 4e players?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with JB on this one. Looks like a blond fro mullet, but it also could be the poor guy was startled and had a messy backfire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly it is the Frog's gas attack...

    Anyway I have stolen your artwork and posted it on my blog.

    Eric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I . . . I really don't know what to say regarding all this speculation about Clarence. Well . . . except to say nothing and leave it a mystery for all time. One day, Leonard Nimoy will do an In Search Of . . . special on what exactly the yellow thing is - and then I shall have achieved true artistic greatness!

    @Joe - Thanks very much for pointing me to Sgt. Frog. This is the most awesome show about a Japanese alien invader frog that I've seen in my entire life.

    @biopunk - Yay! I'm an Artisté, with that little French thing over the E and everything!

    @Tim - Hmm, you are giving me all kinds of new ideas about what to draw in the future. I blame YOU.

    @Eric - ACK! Stolen? Whatever will I do? Gloat . . . I suppose. :) Thanks!

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm surprised no one commented on the horns, honestly. With all the fact that neither goblins nor frogs have them....he must be a bullfrog goblin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Taketoshi - I swear I have a high hat around here somewhere - honest . . . looking . . . looking . . . aha! Ba-DUM ching. There we go. All better now. :)

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete