Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chartreuse

PureStrainHuman (aka Crazy-Ass Tim) kicked off an AD&D 2e campaign this Monday, and we had a lot of fun.  I decided to dust off my Beard and Boob Badge and play a lady this time around.  Well, she's not a lady - she's a task oriented elven ranger named Chartreuse.  I really hoped that name didn't stray into the realm of 'stripper names.'  It's one of my favorite colors - and it's sort of green - and she's an elf - and - well - it made sense at the time.

Anyway, I'll give a play report soon.  This is the first real AD&D 2e game I've ever played, so I have LOTS to say about it.  ;)  Meanwhile, I decided to try to draw Chartreuse, and the result is below.  It's a very rough sketch, but I must say, the daily practice is paying off.  I can tell that it's a biped and that it's a she - so I must be on the right track.

I drew this!  Woot!  Click to embiggen - but beware - she might slap you.

Yeah - and she's got anime elf ears.  If Deedlit ears are good enough for Daffy Duck, they are good enough for me.  I hope to clean it up and ink it and all of that jazz at some point.  I might even try to draw a tree or two for some ambiance. :)

Enjoy.



- Ark

5 comments:

  1. Her face is really characterful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. The sketch conveys a lot of character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice sketch Ark. Look's damn good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @all - Thanks ya'll. The face was an experiment. I was trying to not copy any particular style, but make it 'elfy' in my own way. I'm glad that her character came through with it.

    Well - a character. I'm not sure what ya'll are seeing specifically, but it least it's enough to mention. :)

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete