Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hitchhiker's

Last week I was at the book store with my son.  I was digging through some art books, looking for hints on how to draw the human form, when The Boy came up behind me.

"Can I get this?" he asked.  I turned around.  He was clutching a copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

"Well for fuck's sake yes you can fucking have it,"  I replied.  Okay, that's not exactly what I said, but that's what I meant.

Now, after a few days of The Boy regaling me with stories of Marvin the Paranoid Android and explaining to me the meaning of the number 42, I've decided that I'm pretty happy with the universe and - given the chance - I'd make it my home for a second time.

- Ark

PS

"Now the world has gone to bed
Darkness won't engulf my head
I can see by infra-red
How I hate the night

Now I lay me down to sleep
Try to count electric sheep
Sweet dream wishes you can keep
How I hate the night"

- Marvin's Lullaby

2 comments:

  1. "And the son done been imparted with the wisdom of the father." - Early Cuyler

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Sagely Elder's nod of approval<

    ReplyDelete