Monday, February 6, 2012

North Texas RPG Con 2012

I just registered the Boy and I for the North Texas RPG Con.  I'm pumped.  Last year was very cool.

It's happening in June, from the 7th till the 10th.

The line-up of special guests so far is:

Sandy Petersen, Tim Kask, Jennell Jaquays, Erol Otus, James M. Ward, Frank Mentzer, Jason Braun, Rob Kuntz, Steve Marsh, Steve Winter, Dennis Sustare, Jeff Dee, Jack Herman, Pete Kerestan, Zeb Cook, and Diesel LaForce.

I'm particularly excited about the awesome artists in that list.  Some of you may have noticed I've been on a drawing kick as of late.  :)

The first thing I guess I should do is apologize to Zeb Cook.  I've been bad-mouthing second edition for decades - but now I regularly play it and am enjoying it.  Ooops.  Sorry Zeb.  Musta beena brain fart or something.

- Ark

11 comments:

  1. We enjoyed you and the boy at the con last year....seemed like you both had a lot of fun! We are hoping the new, bigger venue will lend itself to every more gaming goodness, so welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EDITION TRAITOR! BRAIN FART MY ASS!

    YOU'RE NOTHING BUT AN EDITION PROMISCUOUS PLAYER!

    YOU LOVE IT ALL (...even 4e...) IT GOT YOU TO WHERE YOU ARE TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @BadMike - I'm looking forward to the con, and the new digs sound great. The boy is older and has a longer attention span, so be afraid - be very afraid. :)

    @biopunk - I think you've hit the nail on the head there. It appears that I am, indeed, an edition slut. Wanton, even.

    Oh, wait - I've never played 3rd edition. So it must be a piece of crap. Dirty, dirty third edition. Shame on it.

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm playing 3.5 for the first time on Wednesday, so, as the fox who traveled said:
    We shall see what we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bio, if 3.5 is anything like Pathfinder (insert audience laugh track here,) then if go ahead and toss the minis, it's not bad at all. Good luck with your brave new world.

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  6. If work will let me, I'll seriously considering it, if only for the V&V guyes.

    At present, we have a massive project that goes live the week before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm already registered, and trying to wheedle Theron into going....

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Justin - Theron clearly needs to get his priorities straight - "Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."

    ;)

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am attending this Con for the first time this year and I am also bringing along my son who will be almost 14 by June. He has gamed with my group since a month before he turned 10. Of course, like your boy Arkhein, his attention span for gaming has greatly improved over the years. When he started, he was all over the place. Now he is pretty locked in during our sessions. Looking forward to the Con! Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet at some point during the four days of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Toric - that sounds cool. I hope you see ya'll there!

      - Ark

      Delete