Thursday, March 15, 2012

Don't Roll A One


Yay!  I took a little unexpected hiatus from the comic, but now I'm back.  It was tough to get  in the swing of things again, even though I've been sketching daily.  I've been looking at really really great art and, alas, comparing my own work.  I think that might be the downfall of any creative endeavor - unrealistic comparisons leading to spiraling self doubt and then creative paralysis and fear.  You know, that old chestnut.

I got better.  I decided I didn't want to go up on the cart.

I'm not sure why my little comic strip seems to be evolving into a comic 'page.'  Guess that's just the way my brain wants to tell the story.  I wish my brain would be a bit more succinct.  All this panel drawing it going to wear out my fingers.

Anyway, I hope you like it.  It's based on a true story.  Well - a true game event.  Make-believe can be true too.

;)

- Ark

2 comments:

  1. If you wanted it more succint, it works just as well (better?) if panels 1, 2, 5 ( move speech bubble to 6), 8 & 9 are removed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided I didn't want to go up on the cart. And indeed you should not! This cracked me up. For the strip or page question, I'd say just let the topic dictate, rather than trying to force a topic into a preconceived format. I think the page-length format works well for this one.

    ReplyDelete