Thursday, April 26, 2012

I Thought That Word Meant Underground Prison

I'm particularly happy with this comic.  Not for the art or humor or anything like that, but for the fact that I actually finished it on time.  It's been a very busy and hectic fortnight, and it was looking like I'd have to delay - again. But I put my big boy britches on and pushed through to completion.

I tossed the strip I had been working on - a big, long monstrosity with various experimental techniques, including three point perspective, and tried my hardest to fit my big, fat ideas into a tiny place.  Three panels later and I have a comic strip.

Now, I have no idea what the heck is happening with my style.  I'm in some kind of weird transition between what once was, and then something I have no idea what is.  Chartreuse up there is a prime example.  She's about a thousand times more realistic than the last time I drew her.  The problem is, I didn't intend to do that.  In fact, i didn't even notice it until I started coloring her.

So - I don't know what the heck my style will look like next time around.  I've been experimenting with a lot of things C- mentioned, and that has led to my daily sketches rarely looking like what I intended.  Even attempting to stick to a style has been fruitless.  I just don't know what is happening - but I figure I should just go with the flow.

Anyway, enjoy the comic.  Well, if it is any good.  I can't tell.  I just don't have the right perspective.

Har har.  Art joke.

- Ark


  1. I quite like the three-panel format. The brevity gives it a good "punch." Nice!

    1. @Bard - Hey - thanks for the feedback. I'll see how well my mind can shift gears into 'threes.'

      - Ark