I added a pack of rival scouts called the Omega team, headed by Lt. Chad Tarkinson. Lt. Chad was, of course, blonde, square-chinned, and arrogant. The crew found out that Omega Team had been going behind them and cleaning up the messes that they had left on various planets, and that Omega Team was jockeying for their jobs.
The players were PISSED. Plans of how to destroy the Omega Team immediately began to take shape.
Omega team took the Northern Hemisphere of Tunguska, and '"Alpha' Team took the south. A flyby revealed a huge structure sticking out of the sea near the only southern continent. Quickly they determined it was what was left of a kilometer wide Jump gate. What was above the water resembled the top of a giant "C." Along the ocean, boardwalk, piers, and even hotels had been built by the natives. The coral reef that had formed made the area excellent for fishing - which made stealth a bit more difficult for our intrepid crew.
Anyway, here are our dear Adelaide's notes for the night's festivities, the the traditional purple:
Stars Without Number (Bullet Points)
|The newest player, Skipper again drew |
her character - Manna 'Doc' Davies
- The group awakes from the freeze sleep once again with Lt. Commander Gonzales is standing creepily over them.
- Ken arrives with his band of plastic Barbie dolls (she's talking about Omega Team here - see how pissed off she is? -ark) and the dick measuring begins. Owlicious will forever be looking for an excuse to fire upon them.
- The group is given a crappy beat-up version of the UFOs from last time, pissing the group off further, and they leave.
- The group, while scanning their tiny part of the world, find part of a ship (pretech jump gate) sticking out of the ocean and they decide to investigate.
- The native people of the world have mined out a lot of the ship and are using it for like a Disney vacation spot.
- They go down deeper into the ship and they discover a giant eel the size of the UFO. It attacks the ship so they decide it would be best to fire at it with the heat cannon even though Owlicious advised against it. The heat kills the eel but also wounds the UFO and probably alerts the people up above them that something has happened.
- Doc Davies artfully awakens Kal Kek but Miles Obrian only manages to dissect Professor Ramapudi and Doc Davies is forced to try and stabilize him. She manages to keep him alive but he is now in a vegetative state.
- The group leaves Kal Kek and Professor Ramapudi behind and head on to the door leading into the giant ship. (jump gate)
- They come across a giant room that has a bar and dance floor as well as a giant window where the group can see sea creatures outside it. The tank, Titus Leandros, instantly runs to go get plastered and then loses himself on the dance floor. (Break dancing, strangely enough.)
- Lt. Taylor calls for a guide to take the group to the jump gate's barracks using the wifi he’s found and the guide takes the group to an elevator that then opens to water, wounding several of the members. The team then splits up, with the power-armored people leaving to go find any items that might still be okay.
- Owlicious, Lt. Taylor, and Desmond leave and return to the bar/dance floor area. The other party members manage to find some guns that they then load up on. Titus takes 22 stun-guns and 3 grav-harnesses. Doc Davies picks up 19 lifeboat survival packs.
- They then meet back up with the rest of the group and Owlicious casually lets Lt. Taylor know that Titus had consumed Methyl alcohol instead of alcohol. Doc Davies then is ordered to heal him and succeeds only in getting the toxins out of his body.
- Fish people suddenly come out into the bar and fire upon Titus and Lt. Taylor and they go down. Miles slaps a laz patch onto Titus and he comes back to consciousness. Doc Davies then laz patches Lt. Taylor and he is also up.
- Lt. Taylor hits one of the guns that knocks them all, except one, unconscious. Everyone else had missed with their guns. The last fish person then disappears into a grass door that opened underneath them.
- Lt. Taylor then gets angry and destroys all of them and Owlicious collects samples for SCIENCE.
- Lt. Taylor then makes the ship play the sonic sound all over the intercoms, which makes all the life signs on the scanners slowly disappear.
- They find jewelry and the females go crazy! Then they find a box with a little sphere in it. It opens up to show a small AI and Owlicious tells it she is a princess and claims him as her new companion. She names him Teddy.
- The group then leaves, Owlicious taking Teddy with her, and head to the hangar; which isn’t looking too well.
- They find pieces of great ships but no full ships themselves. Owlicious and Titus decide to test Teddy’s healing abilities and he cuts Titus open, then re-closes him and actually managed to not kill him.
- The group decides to attach a beacon to the spike drive so that they will know if it moves.
- They wake up Professor Ramapudi using Teddy, which surprisingly it works.
- The group decides then to stay for an extra month to build their own ship instead of trying to look for another one and lets Omega team know.
- They take off in their new ship but it has no cloaking which terrifies the natives and causes them to react badly. The team fires their ships gun as a warning and also to test it out, cause why the fuck not?
- They manage to make it back to the main planet with the ship and everyone is promoted! Yay!
|Adelaide drew her character's new AI friend, Teddy the floating eyeball|
So, the team made some pretty good choices - and because they were so pissed off with the Omega Team - they stayed on task and completed one of the most important parts of the entire mission into the Void; obtaining a ship - other than the Reprieve - that could make a 4 hex jump.
Meanwhile, Omega Team found a museum, which they broke into, and only recovered some pretech walkie-talkies. Alpha Team rubbed their noses in it. :)