Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gamer Gifts


Last year, I got the the gaming crew each a copy of the Swords and Wizardry Whitebox Rules.  That went over well, with it actually being used to spread the gospel of the OSR to uninitiated gamers.

This year, I didn't have so much money - especially since the regular gaming crew is up to ten people now.  So I went the less expensive route of hand crafting some presents.

I made hand painted dice and handed them out in tonight's gaming session.


These are Redshirt Dice.  See the little red shirts?  The Star Trek Emblem is a six.  The red shirt is a one.  Each player got a pair, so when they roll double red shirts, they fail their skill check hard.  Yay!

Adelaide made some awesome dice bags for us too.  Everyone got a very different type.  I didn't get a photo of them all, but I got a picture of the most important one - mine.  I have named it THE SPACE BAG.


It is sooo big, I can fit a sixteenth of my dice in it.  It's perfect for the Redshirts game. :)

-Ark

4 comments:

  1. Agreed! Did you make those? Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BA - Thanks. I just painted them. They are 1 inch wooden cubes from the local craft store. Much easier than me trying to cut a perfect cube. :)

      - Ark

      Delete