Thursday, May 9, 2013

Gimpy Old Man

I bunged up my drawing hand pretty bad - apparently tendonitis - and have been laying off the drawing.  It's been maddening.

I . . . must . . . draw . . .

The swelling is down and the pain is only mildly annoying, so I should be back in form soon.  I need to learn not to squeeze the pencil so hard that the graphite fuses into diamond.  Oh - and maybe take a few breaks and not draw 8 hours straight.

In the meantime, I've been digging deep into the Beta for the new Star Wars game.  From what I've seen of the Beta and the already published beginning game, I think the final product in - what was it - July? - will be really cool.

The game has a lot of weird dice and unusual mechanics, to me, but it seems to all make sense when you put it together.  It is definitely a step away from anything with a d20 in it.  Or a d6.  Heck, the only dice it uses with numbers are percentiles - and that's just to roll on the occasional result list.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I could jot down a review in a post or something.  :)

- Ark

No comments:

Post a Comment