Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pherosathoola, Goddess of Sexual Fear - Final . . . Maybe . . . Kinda . . . Sorta . . .


Here is Pherosathoola, finished.  More or less.  I think.

I've got a ton of things I want to add and fiddle with, but you have to stop sometime before the piece is a muddled mess.  I . . . ugh.  I don't know.  I'd like to detail the background more, but the foreground is important.  Far more.  And most of those old Monster Manual and Deities and Demigods images didn't have much of a background either.  And the desolation of it kind of fits with the whole snake motif.

So, it's time to just smack down all the voices in my head and spit this puppy out.

However, if anyone has some constructive criticism, I'd be happy to listen.  Like the whole freckle idea.  That was a stroke of brilliance.  On occasion, art by committee work.  Sometimes.  A bit.  On alternate February 29ths.  ;)

Hmm . . . maybe a fancy border.  Ack!  No!  Shut up, voices!

- Ark

8 comments:

  1. Ark I think she looks fantastic. And the freckles, yep for what ever reason cried out to be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim. Now I'm going to have to avoid the temptation of coating every other person I draw with copious amounts of freckles. The pull is strong, though. :)

      - Ark

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Lloyd.

      - Ark

      Delete
  3. For the reason you mention about the MM and D&D, I would actually dial down the background. Like, maybe fade/wash it out. It fights for my attention from her.

    And yeah, the whole Medusa's cute kid sister thing from the freckles and button nose is unsettlingly cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legion - Thanks for the feedback. I faded the background shading and she pops out a heck of a lot better. Good call.

      And now I am contemplating working on a series called Deceptively Deadly: Lady Monsters Who Will F*ck Your Sh*t Up Hard. I jest. Well . . . maybe not. Hmmmm . . .

      - Ark

      Delete
    2. Looks good!

      Maybe make where the hill/lake shoreline meets on the left side, more irregular?

      I see her in front of log, rather than on a beach, but that could be the beach being too dark to me. (If she even is on a beach!)

      I'd want to add some sort of shading to the scale patterns, myself.

      Delete
  4. No arm pit hair . . .
    ok, ok,
    I till love it 8-)

    ReplyDelete