Thursday, October 10, 2013

I'm Like A Million Years Old Today


Erin Palette was razzing me about not posting in like, forever.  So in an effort to make her wrong, here is a post!

The above was taken during my 44th birthday dinner tonight at Saltgrass Steakhouse.  I kilt a cow and eated it.  But before that, I got presentses, my precious.  Whatever could that be, clutched in my hand?  No, wrong hand.  That is The Boy.  Other hand.  Yes.  Could be . . . an RPG book?

Duh.

I'm not a big fan of bloggers posting apologies for not keeping up with blogging, so no apologies here.  It will happen when it happens.  Meanwhile, I've been drawing up a storm, I'm running a Kids Star Wars bounty hunter campaign, I'm playing a psychotic assassin the Tephra steampunk game, and I just wrapped up an epic Big Kids Star Wars game that went on for almost half a year where they murdered the hell out of Darth Vader yesterday, minutes before the credits rolled.

So what's it's got in its grubby little hands, precious?  Well, yet another GURPS book.  Yup.  I'm about to run a mega epic campaign called Esoteric Affairs - which I see as something like Men In Black, but done in the black and white London of the 1930s with monsters replacing aliens.  A Noir Horror Mystery Thriller kinda thing.

Should be fun.

Now please excuse me as I waddle to a place I can lie down on and moan for a while.  Eating a whole cow can be painful . . .

- Ark

11 comments:

  1. Welcome to 44, Ark! I stumbled over that lichen-covered milestone not so many days past. At least I think so...I stopped counting some time ago. Cheers! -Reifyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember turning 44. It was some years back, of course, but I remember.

    Back then, I thought I was "old" too. Ah well. Kids! What can I say?

    Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MS - Yeah, i got a lot of 50-somethings telling me I am a baby. lol.

      - Ark

      Delete
  3. In Traveller terms, you're about ready to muster out and go ADVENTURING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Booyah! Thank you David - you win the day in my book.

      Don't worry about stat loss, it builds character.

      Delete
    2. David - That. Is. Awesome. But where is my Traveller's Aid Society membership. It's not this AARP thing they keep sending me in the mail, is it?

      - Ark

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday ol' Top and welcome to 44. It's a heck of a lot better than being 45! >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BA - Thanks. Well, at least 45 is not divisible evenly by eleven. :)

      - Ark

      Delete
  5. Another GURPS book.

    That's redundant, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um (looks at the enormous pile of GURPS book on the floor) I don't know what you are talking about, SAROE.

      ;)

      - Ark

      Delete