Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I'm a Super Star!

Okay, well, not exactly a super star.  Or a star.  Or even a brown dwarf.  But I did get a drawing assignment critiqued over on the Proko channel.  Stan Prokopenko posts shortened versions of his drawing lectures over on Youtube.  I've been enjoying them.

Recently he's been doing critiques on the assignments with another instructor named Marshall Vandruff.  The critiques are awesome - watching them really helps to address problems and frustrations.  Last week they picked one of mine. It was cool - and very odd to hear them saying 'Ark.'  I don't normally hear that nickname out loud.  Well, except at Cons. :)

So here is the critique.  You are probably not interested - but that's okay.  I am. :)

- Ark


  1. "Ark!" Congratulations!

    Of course, we "here" always knew you were a "star," but now it's official! Woo-hoo! LOL

    Well done buddy.

  2. Wow that's a great vid! I actually learned something from that: I never really thought of making complex 3d curvular shapes into 3d box-like images to improve perspective using X-Y-Z. They never taught this in art school. But now you can teach it in Ark school. -Reifyn