Friday, January 24, 2014

Zen Head Doodle


I know this may not seem like much, but to me, it is.  This is a sketch done with no reference - completely from my mind - and it's structure ain't too bad and - well - it looks pretty much like I pictured it.  That whole MIND-TO-PAPER direct transfer thing has eluded me for decades.  I draw stuff, sure, but I'm usually trying to copy what I see, or I draw something from my head, but it turns out to be something I didn't quite imagine.  This one is different.  He's got that whole three dimensional thing that I've been striving for.  I'm getting there, slowly but surely - and I'm smiling just like he is. :)

- Ark

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean.

    In my youth, I could copy anything, adjusting the size as I saw fit; smaller, larger. But I could never go from mind directly to paper. Frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 90% of what I've drawn in life has been 'mind-to-paper' stuff. So I know what you mean about being excited if things turn out as you wanted: that very rarely happens for me, but I've accepted that; and that practicing enough, I'll likely be able to do so better eventually. I suppose my intentions with digital stuff comes out much closer than with hand-drawn. But I prefer hand-drawn any day.

    ReplyDelete