Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Revenge of the Dead Simple Lock & Trap Mini-game

About a billion years ago, the OSR Blogosphere was chewing over a method to make dealing with locks and traps more interesting for thieves in D&D.  Taking all of the good ideas, I taped together a method that my son liked - the Dead Simple Lock & Trap Mini-game.

Well, I just got a message from one André LCRJ out of Brazil . . .


Hi, I’m a little late but I only discovered your site now, and I have to say that your idea is fantastic. In fact, I liked it so much that I made a BURP deck for me, in Portuguese (It is a FORS deck actually). But since you were so kind as to share your game I might as well do the same, and I made a deck in english too. The distribution is the same of a standard deck of cards: Four suites from 1 to 10 plus 3 face cards for each suite (Lock, Hourglass & Key). The size of the cards fit a standard card shield. I added a little extra too: At the bottom of each card there’s a “Magic 8-Ball” like sentence, that a DM can use to solve some problem that he might have in the game session. Hope you enjoy.

The deck is HERE.

Cheers,

André

So thanks, André for the awesome card deck.  Now I need to get it printed out all fancy-like.

- Ark

No comments:

Post a Comment