Friday, August 8, 2014

Hoard of the Birthday Boy


Okay, so it's not his birthday anymore, but WOTC didn't cooperate with release dates.  But finally, after a long wait, my son is the proud owner of the PHB and the HDQ.  Already, he is going through the PHB to see out if he wants to multi-class his fighter into ranger.

I gotta say - these are beautiful books with great art and layout.  There are even humorous illustrations in the PHB!  It ain't all angsty elves and dour drow.  And there are things that I don't think that I've seen in a PHB before - a little monster manual, descriptions of deities for Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, Eberron, and Greyhawk, - as well as Norse, Greek, Celtic, and Egyptian pantheons.  AND a section on the inner and outer planes - stuff previously relegated to DMGs.

Honestly, I haven't looked through Hoard of the Dragon Queen deeply as I still don't know who will run it.  The Boy might give it a try.  But it has a beautiful map of the Sword Coast just inside.  Drool.

So, yeah, all you guys and gals at WOTC - thanks for putting a smile on my son's face.

:)

- Ark

4 comments:

  1. Looks good. I have to wait for mine! Arg! Get some good gaming in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim - May the Petty God of Pulp Transportation be swift and careful.

      - Ark

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Scott - How in the heck were you able to discern what was on my whiteboard - and more importantly - WHY? :)

      - Ark

      Delete