Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Holy Crap, WOTC, WTF?

I'm still trying to figure out what this all means, but WOTC just dropped pdfs of the . . .

get this . . .

PLAYER’S D&D BASIC RULES V2
which I think is the thing that was previously released as just the 'basic rules' with MORE STUFF,

and then

DUNGEON MASTER'S D&D BASIC RULES V1
which is like 60+ pages of monsters and magic items and who know exactly what else.

My brain is sputtering.  Too . . . much . . . candy.  WOTC is going to make me diabetic . . .

ARGH!

- Ark


2 comments:

  1. The nice fellow at b/x black razor has the exact opposite take. It's funny in an anthropological way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot of good stuff in there, like the idea of legendary actions that will fix the action economy problems of boss fights. The magic items seem even lighter than what was in the playtest, but I figure that will fill out as Wizards releases more stuff.

    ReplyDelete