Sunday, November 16, 2014

Yelling Sketch


I'm back to fiddling with drawing on the computer.  Sketching on the Nexus kinda got me excited about the computer thing again, so I decided to load up the drivers for the Wacom and see where it went.  Here is the initial sketch with my Bamboo and the reference that I used.  Twenty minutes or so, using SketchBook Pro.  I reqlly enjoy the ease of shading with the program - as opposed to dorking with the pencil.  Oh - and undo is a horrific and wonderful cheat. :)

- Ark

4 comments:

  1. Every time I try to draw on my computer I have to clean the Monitor...ouch...I know bad joke.

    In college I took a couple of Graphic Design courses where I go hands on with using the Wacom, it was something I really enjoyed.

    I was wondering if you knew if this would be possible using something like GIMP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Eric - it's been maybe 15 years since I have used GIMP, so I'm nowhere up to date, but a cursory google on it hints that is is possible. There are a lot of options for drawing programs out there these days, though.

      - Ark

      Delete
  2. I love drawing cartoons on my tablet. It's not as fancy as your set up, but I'm having a blast with it. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are having fun with it! Is that your reindeer up at the top of your blog?

      - Ark

      Delete