Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Kafi


Here is Kafi.  I don't know where she - or her name - came from.  The deep recesses of my head, I guess.

I've been really depressed about my art this year.  It always seems I'm on the verge of something - understanding something - developing some skill or ability to create more of what I want to create.  But it never materializes, and I stay lashed to some untameable muse who draws through me - and can never draw the same person twice.

I guess that just means I need to practice more. :)

- Ark


6 comments:

  1. She looks sad, but really well done. Glad to see you posting again. Though I'm sorry to read your are isn't where you want it to be. As for muses, don't much believe in those, but practice, that's something to work toward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whisk. The muse thing was more of a metaphor for something I don't feel I can control. Which is a lot. :) - Ark

      Delete
    2. Not sure what you mean, but I hope you get back to drawing. You were kicking butt there for awhile.

      Delete
  2. Yeah Ark, she looks real cute. I'm sorry to hear you are feeling down about your art because I think it is real nice. You have improved such a huge amount in the time you have been posting your pictures. You are right though, practice is what will get you doing the same characters over and over. Draw Kafi every day for a week or a month and you will be able to draw her forever. It may suck initially but I promise you will get it. Keep up the good work bud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kindly Pierce. I'll give Kafi some more goes - see what I can do with her - and post it up here.

      - Ark

      Delete
    2. Cool! Looking forward to it! My gf thinks she looks really cute too.

      Delete