Friday, January 1, 2016

Underfeet: Subsurface Swords and Sorcery

Happy New Year!

When I was little, my sister and I used to trace characters out of the Peanuts comic strips and tweak them to make our own.  Since then I wanted to come up with my own characters, my own art, and my own strips.  But I could never put down on paper the images I saw in my head, and by my mid-teens, I had given up on drawing.

Mostly.

I'd crank out a picture every other year, armed with a how-to drawing book.  I was never happy with them, even though I'd fiddle with the lines for six months.

Come to find out you can't read your way into becoming an artist.  You have to actually ART.

Five years ago I decided to ART.  Really.  Eventually I started to art every day.  There were ups and downs.  I started a failed comic strip or two.  Or three.  Or five.  But dammit, I wanted to tell cool stories with pictures.  And draw boobies.  For the rest of my life.

So finally, 2016 is here.  I've achieved the minimal art skills I deem necessary to pull off a weekly comic strip.  Well . . . okay . . . there are plenty of artists who make really great comic strips with just stick figures.  Or just really bad art but great stories.  So it's not art skills, per se, but confidence.

I finally have the confidence.

This year I'll be publishing a comic strip called Underfeet: Subsurface Swords and Sorcery on Thursdays.  It's not one of those strips that goes on forever.  The initial story is forty strips long, per my outline, and has a beginning, middle, and end.  More Underfeet stories may follow, or I may move on to a different story-verse.  Who knows.  But I'll be ARTing all over the place.

Warning: the story will be NSFW.  Boobs and butts mostly.  I may add in "extra" strips as well with more explicit content - but I'll post those on sites that are more kind to those sorts of things (I'm looking at you tumblr.)

The cover page for Undefeet goes up next Thursday, followed by the story proper on each Thrusday after that.  Enjoy!

- Ark

1 comment: