Monday, February 8, 2016

Rat Queens

While I'm posting about adult fantasy comics, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Rat Queens.  It's an actual print comic from Image, and while not as 'adult' as the last four I mentioned, it is certainly grown up.  Rat Queens follows the exploits of Violet the hipster dwarven warrior, Hannah the rockabilly elven mage, Betty the thieving hippie 'smidgen,' and Dee the atheist Cthulhu warlock.

What sold me on the comic was Dee's Intro - "My parents worship a giant flying squid.  Holidays get weird." It has not failed me.  I don't remember laughing quite so much at a comic book in a while.  Out loud.  Rat Queens is one of those things that are worth buying.

- Ark

7 comments:

  1. Allow me to second that. I have loved every issue so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. I've finished Vol 1 - so I need the rest!

      - Ark

      Delete
  2. I just read Vol 1 and Vol 2! Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read Vol 1 and Vol 2! Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo - oo - I gotta find out what happens . . .

      - Ark

      Delete